Sunday, October 23, 2005

Hope...In the form of a Parts Car


I'd been talking up my new project at work. As is usually the case, everyone had a VW story.

Including Jim 'Mel' Flowers, the Piping Dept. lead. In fact, Mel had TWO Ghias just sitting in his backyard not too far from where I lived. And ONE was a 1970, a coupe, but it was an Automatic Stick Shift.

After looking the car over, a deal was struck and, in this case, I drove the car home. My wife was loving every bit of the collection I was assembling, as you can imagine. Here's the coupe parked out in front of my garage...with the 'vert's body just behind, and the pan behind that in the rear of the garage. Was this progress? It was for me.

The coupe was actually a salvageable car, but I didn't know better and wanted the 'vert going a lot more. The strip down had already begun by this point as you can see the bumpers had been removed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home