Monday, June 05, 2006

Fall '05 Effforts


Now I've had an opportunity to evaluate the state of the paint job etc on the Ghia. I've determined that I want to do several things:
1) replace the fuel line with a stainless line
2) apply rust preventative paint to the underbody
3) install a new shift rod bushing
4) straighten and install the shift rod

So forthwith are some pics from these efforts. Above shows a hole I cut in the tunnel, and the stainless fuel line installed. Yes, that's a threaded coupling. Yes, there's possibility of a leak. To address this, I used red Loctite on the coupling threads, then did a leak test.

Stainless, while being more corrosion resistant than carbon steel, is more difficult to work. Despite my best effort, I could not thread a continuous piece of SS thru the various supports and access points on the Ghia. If I had used CS I think it could have been done - such as using brake line tubing which is fairly easy to bend and shape. But I was determined to use stainless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home